Steps for Running a TikTok Business Account
Our TikTok guru teaches how to run a TikTok business account and shares her tips and tricks!
Things to Remember Before Starting:
- The TikTok algorithm pushes out brand new accounts’ first few videos to a wide audience to encourage creators to keep posting on the app.
- This initial push will die down without consistently posting on the app at least every few days.
- The videos you need to post should align with your niche but follows a current trend, putting an emphasis on getting shares and watch time up.
Kira’s Process on how to run a TikTok business account:
1. Find a trend
- I scroll through the For You Page and look for any reoccurring audios or trends within the videos and dm the videos I think I could use to myself so I don’t loose them.
- You can see if a video is trending by clicking on the sound and seeing 1. How many videos are in the sound and 2. How recently the most popular videos with that sound were made.
- It is important to keep your content sticking to trends as this is what will make your videos be seen.
2. Make the video
- Using the trend I selected, I find a way to make it relevant to my niche. E.g. If the product is cooking utensils – I make the promotion of this product entertaining and relevant.
- To film a video with a specific sound of a trend; click the audio in the bottom right hand corner and then once it brings you to the sound page click ‘use this sound’.
- The filming tools are pretty simple, you can use the timer to record hands free and get the video to stop at a certain moment.
- Once the video is filmed, I add text onto the video by clicking ‘text’. You can put the text on a timer as well to make it appear and disappear at different times.
3. Why do I make certain videos?
- I utilise trends that are upcoming to introduce products to the target audience in an entertaining way. To figure out how you can do this, go to accounts similar to your own and see what they are doing and what’s worked.
- In my videos I; showcase the product and how it is used, create a funny plot line that provides entertainment while still introducing people to the product and target the young adult market.
4. Caption the video
- In the captions I like to include a call to action such as “link in bio” or “would you do this?” Either encouraging users to tag their friends and share the video or directing users to our account and website.
- Then I include a series of niche hashtags which helps tiktok direct the video to people they think will enjoy it.
- Some hashtags I like to use for Australian small business accounts include: #australiansmallbusiness #smallbusinessgift #supportsmallbusiness #australia #australianbrand
5. Final Touches
- When I have written the caption, I then choose the thumbnail which you can do by clicking “select cover” which will be the image that shows on your home screen. I also write some sort of alluring caption on the thumbnail to encourage people clicking on the profile to look at the videos.
- Once this is done, I save the videos to drafts, and post the videos in the morning as this is a good time for the algorithm, rather than after 10am.
To see if your product is suitable for TikTok, you can email me at email@example.com
Written by Kira Sweet.