Tiktok is a social media platform that has over 500 million active users, surpassing both Twitter and Snapchat in global popularity. The video platform allows users to create 60-second videos to popularised songs and offers users the opportunity of internet fame.
Tiktok is a user-driven platform and is not saturated by advertisements like their other competitors, presenting marketers with a unique and dwindling opportunity. If your brand is trying to stay current and relevant with a younger target market, you should seriously consider Tiktok.
How can you use this platform for marketing?
- Create your own account, incorporating your product into content that is relevant and trendy
- Work with popular influencers who can make videos using your product to bring awareness of your product to your target demographic
- Pay for advertisements on Tiktok
Most brands should do a combination of these marketing tactics in order to drive traction to their product. Here are some ideas you could utilise if you are confident your target market engages in TikTok;
- Launch a hashtag challenge encouraging viewers to engage with some aspect of your product such as if your product is a song, asking TikTokers to use the hashtag and create a dance to the song
- Shoot a video of your product with the audio of a popular song
- Follow something already trendy on TikTok and incorporate your product into the trend
While TikTok won’t work for all brands as a successful marketing platform, it is a new and exciting platform that can generate sales if utilised well!